Before Doing the Singer-Loomis Inventory
How to Take the Inventory
- Set-aside 30-40 minutes to take the Inventory.
- Complete the Inventory in a place where you cannot be interrupted.
- Use the five-point scale to describe as accurately as possible what you would do in each situation.
- Treat each item in each situation as independent and unaffected by how you respond to other items.
- Use your initial response to the item in the situation, rather than deliberate.
- Avoid lingering over a situation or an item.
- Set-aside any consideration of what you “should” do and indicate what you actually would do.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is “in it for me” to complete the Inventory?
- The Inventory gives you an opportunity to assess your personality as you currently experience it.
- The Singer-Loomis Report offers a way of understanding your own patterns, your usual way of expressing your personality.
- The Singer-Loomis Report can help you become more mindful of how your personality functions in different situations.
- The Singer-Loomis Report provides a baseline for comparison, if you take the Inventory in the future.
What is the Singer-Loomis Designed to Do?
- Generate a highly individualized personality assessment.
- Describe your personality based on what you indicate you would do in 20 different situations.
- Make it possible for you to indicate how much you would do different activities, based on a five-point scale.
- Treat the individual completing the Inventory as a normal person.
- Portray overall personality functioning based on how you experience yourself.
- Provide a new definition of Psychological Type.
- Make it possible to transition from the widely known 16 Types to a more comprehensive and individualized description of personality.
What is the Singer-Loomis NOT designed to do?
- The Singer-Loomis is not designed to measure of intelligence.
- The Singer-Loomis is not designed to assess emotional problems.
- The Singer-Loomis is not designed to treat any of your responses as better or worse than others.
- The Singer-Loomis does not treat your results in relation to a statistical standard of the “average” person.
- The Singer-Loomis is not designed to portray how your personality “should” function.
A set of Singer-Loomis access codes is required to do the Inventory. If you are an individual seeking to do the Singer-Loomis Inventory contact a Singer-Loomis Provider to make arrangements to obtain access codes and your individualized Singer-Loomis Report.