Moving Boundaries On-Line Qualification Program
Program Dates: TBA
Fill out this contact form, for additional information about the Qualifying Program
Who is the Training Designed for?
The Qualification training is designed for professionals who:
- have a degree from an accredited University or College and want to use the Singer-Loomis in their professional practice.
- are Singer-Loomis Providers and wish to obtain in-depth knowledge of the Singer-Loomis and how to use it in their practice.
What are the Benefits of the Training
- After completing the training, you will have:
- a clear vision of how to use the Singer-Loomis in your professional practice
- enhanced knowledge of Jungian personality concepts
- strengthened skills to use the Inventory to enhance clients’ self-understanding
- Access to the password protected Singer-Loomis software for administering the Singer-Loomis via the Providers Portal and a free User’s Guide that details how to use the software.
- Access to Providers Central, a password protected area exclusively available to Singer-Loomis Providers where Access Codes for the Inventory, Singer-Loomis products and free materials, created by members of the Singer-Loomis Providers community, can be obtained.
- The option of joining the Moving Boundaries Directory of Consultants, a listing of independent Singer-Loomis Providers who want to market their services through the Moving Boundaries website. Membership in the Directory is free to Singer-Loomis Providers.
The On-Line Qualification Training
A. Outcome Goals:
A. Have developed proficiency and flexibility in coaching clients to use SL-TDI results in areas important to the client.
B. Know how to use the information provided by the Singer-Loomis to encourage mindful adult development.
C. Thoroughly understand the design and psychometric performance of the Singer-Loomis Type Deployment Inventory (SL-TDI).
B. Learning Objectives of the Training:
- Learn to Interpret Results : Considerable time is spent learning and practicing how to use the information in the Singer-Loomis Report with clients. The four Singer-Loomis Inventories each person is required to administer before the workshop are an integral part of this learning process. Special attention is devoted to relationships among the eight core concepts (Type Modes) of the Singer-Loomis. Implications of the relationships between the eight Type Modes for the individual’s personality functioning will receive considerable attention.Understanding the Singer-Loomis Psychological Type will be emphasized. The training will demonstrate how Singer-Loomis results can be transparently translated to the structure of the traditional 16 Psychological Types to create the Singer-Loomis Psychological Type. In addition, becoming skillful at using the Type Mode Profile as a comprehensive tool to grasp the client’s overall results will be stressed.
- Apply to Your Work : Over two-thirds of the program is devoted to developmental applications at the individual level. The workshop begins with a demonstration of how to bridge SL-TDI results to everyday situations and emphasizes practical application of the Singer-Loomis Report. You will have numerous opportunities to relate the use of the SL-TDI to your professional practice.
- Know Design Characteristics and Statistical Performance : Information about the history and development of the SL-TDI is presented. Test and measurement concepts are stressed throughout to insure a professional level of knowledge about the technical design of the Inventory. In particular, reliability, validity and ethical standards, established by the American Psychological Association for the administration of personality inventories are addressed.
- Understand the Role of Typology in Jungian Psychology : The program takes into consideration other concepts of Jungian psychology (such as the persona, ego and shadow) and clarifies the relationship of typology to them.
C. Program Description:
Step 1: Pre-Training Activities
A. Application Project
Each participant is required to create a document, an Application Portfolio, that details how the Singer-Loomis will be used in her or his practice:
- Who your clients are, their general characteristics
- How you intend to introduce the Singer-Loomis to clients and what you estimate the Singer-Loomis will do for them
- How you plan to help your client understand the practical implications of Singer-Loomis Report and use the results in their lives
- What you will do to insure the Singer-Loomis has continued value to your client
The Application Project, in the form of a PDF, must be provided to Moving Boundaries at least one week before the beginning of the on-line training. Information in the application project will be used to help the Moving Boundaries trainer refine the training to insure it speaks to how the individual intends to use the Singer-Loomis in her or his practice. Clearly, the Application Project is a work-in-progress, subject to modification as you proceed in the Singer-Loomis training.
B. Administer the Singer-Loomis to Yourself and Three other People
In advance of the Qualification Training, you will be provided with four Singer-Loomis Access Codes. Each set of access codes includes a password and serial number that is required to take the Singer-Loomis on-line at the Moving Boundaries website. For the purposes of the Qualification training, you are asked to pick three individuals—friends, family, or clients—you experience as different as possible from each other and yourself. Provide each person with a Singer-Loomis Access Code and have them complete the Inventory in advance of the training. Use the fourth Singer-Loomis Access Code to enable yourself to do the Inventory on-line. Be sure to complete your Inventory at least one week before the Singer-Loomis Training.
Step 2: Prepare for the On-Line Training Sessions
Prior to each on-line training session, each individual is required to carefully read and consider the implications of the readings and case material provided by Moving Boundaries for the goals and outcomes of the specific training session.
A member of the Moving Boundaries staff will contact you to explore anything you wish to explore about the training, how to prepare for each session, and anything else that might help you prepare effectively for the Qualification Training.
Step 3: Participate in the On-Line Training Sessions
Participate during each the four weeks of on-line sessions. Each week’s on-line session involves careful reading of specific materials, completion and submission of the assignments for that week and contributing to the on-line discussion of the topics of the particular week. The questions and discussion during the on-line sessions are intended to build upon the required reading for that week, rather than go through the required reading.
Step 4. Coaching After Each On-Line Session
Prepare for and participate in a 20-30 minute, on-line coaching session with Moving Boundaries staff within 4-days of completion of each of the four on-line training sessions.
Step 5: Demonstrate Proficiency:
Every participant in the Qualification Training is required to
- Participate in all four on-line training sessions
- Participate in all four Post Session Coaching sessions
- Complete the Application Project
- Do an on-line demonstration with Moving Boundary staff of how clients will be coached to understand and use the contents of the Singer-Loomis Report
- Take the Proficiency Exam–a 100 item test covering the content of the Qualification Training.
For those needing Level B Qualification, passing the Exam at a specified level (over 80% correct) and successfully demonstrating how to use the SL-TDI Report with an Moving Boundaries staff member (who will be serving as a fictitious client) provides evidence of Level B Qualification. (For those currently Level B Qualified, the demonstration of proficiency will serve as feedback on their knowledge of the Singer-Loomis*.)
D. Program Tuition:
Per Person US $996.00 All fees are in US dollars. Fee covers program tuition, all program materials, Qualifying Test, Demonstration of Proficiency and Singer-Loomis Qualification Certificate.
Deposit : Deadline to register and pay for the Qualifying Program is three weeks before the program. You can register on-line at http://www.movingboundaries.com/training.html. Payment may be made on the Moving Boundaries website or by calling 503-661-4126.
Refund Policy: A full refund of tuition is available up to 10 days before the training begins. Less than 10 days before the program, a 50% refund is available. Once the program begins, no refund is available. However, at the discretion of Moving Boundaries staff, in the case of unexpected events, such as illness or personal tragedy, the training may be deferred to a later date at no additional cost.
*Anyone who met the APA Level B requirements before the Qualification Training will remain Level B, regardless of the results of the testing. Level B is an APA standard with which Moving Boundaries complies that sets the minimum requirements for anyone seeking to administer a personality test.
|Image||Item Description||Product #||Quantity||Price|